- Respiratory reticence
- Vomiting (nausea)
- Inhibit the muscle cells in bladder and bowel (constipation)
- Constricted pupils
- Slow heart rate
- Slowed breathing
- Body temperature goes down slightly.
- Mild euphoria (a feeling that can not be everything, but sometimes the opposite effect (dysphoria), it gives a warm, joyous feeling of security and satisfaction, negative feelings disappear
- When you first inject you feel a ‘flash’ (short intense experience) like an orgasmic experience
- Reduction of anxiety
- Emotional inconsequentiality.
The main effect is the reduction of negative stimuli such as pain and sorrow. This can lead to emotional indifference and may involve the inhibition of sexual function.
Heroin with other drugs
Combining heroin with other depressants is very dangerous. The respiratory inhibitory effect of opiates gets reinforced by the use of alcohol. A combination with MAO inhibitors can lead to high blood pressure. If you do not know if you are taking these medicines, contact your GP.
How long the effects last
Heroin lasts for 3-6 hours. Compared to other opiates, heroin works fast, but for a short period of time.
How long the effects of heroin kick in, depends on the method used. When smoking, the effects come almost immediately, when injecting, it takes a few seconds .