Ketamine as a drug is mainly used for a “dissociative trip”. Dissociation means separation: the spiritual consciousness separates from the physical.
Methods of use:
The contents of the ampoules is injected or drunk. The injection takes place more frequently in muscle than in the veins. It can also be injected rectally with a lubricant. Ketamine is snorted as a powder as well as swallowed. First the powder is mixed with water, then stirred until it dissolves. The powder is produced by heating the fluid.
Effects of Ketamine Addiction:
The effects of ketamine are threefold, calming and hypnotic, pain relieving and your level of consciousness changes. The effects depend on the type of use:
- When injected, the effects start taking place after 1-5 minutes.
- When ingested orally, the effects occur after 5-20 minutes. This depends on whether the stomach is full. With an empty stomach the effects occur faster.
- Through rectal injection, the effects start showing after 5-10 minutes.
- By snorting, the effects appear after 5-15 minutes.
- Nausea, it can even lead to vomiting.
Physical effects at high doses
- Loss of consciousness and coma
- Lack of oxygen in muscles and brains
- Difficulty speaking and moving
- Increase in blood pressure and respiratory disturbance
- With an overdose, the heart can stop beating
- Temporary paralysis (rare)
- Muscle pain after injection of high doses of ketamine.
Psychological effects at low doses
- Intoxication, dreamy feeling
- See the world differently
- Very social
- Delayed sensations, music is less pleasant.
Psychological effects at high doses
- You feel like the world disappears and you float through strange worlds, there are also things that you feel you can communicate with, without words
- You feel like your soul leaves your body “disembodied self-consciousness” and you feel weightless, feel unable to move
- Near-death experiences, you feel as if you’re dying, you’re scared first, but later you feel liberated
How long it lasts:
- It all depends on the method of use.
- By injecting, it lasts approximately 30-60 minutes.
- 1.5 hours with oral use.
- Rectal injection lasts 2-3 hours, the peak comes after 20-30 minutes.
- Snorting lasts for 45-60 minutes.
Seek help if you or your loved one is suffering from an addiction.