Common benzodiazepines like diazepam are administered to patients under the brand names Benzopin, Betapam, Calmpose, Diaquel, Doval, Dynapam, Ethipam, Pax, Scriptopam, Valium in South Africa.
- Seizure control
- Inducing Anesthetic
- Dead Flower Powers
These drugs like Benzopin, Betapam, Calmpose, Diaquel, Doval, Dynapam¤, Ethipam, Pax, Scriptopam, Valium affect the nervous system producing sedation and muscle relaxation and reduced anxiety in diagnosed patients. Despite the many helpful uses of diazepam it can cause psychological & physical addiction difficulties.
Just under two thousand distinct variations of medications are labeled under benzodiazepines and are further outlined into the following relief categories related to their effect.
- Very quick acting (Diazepam and clorazepate)
- Short acting (Lorazepam, oxazepam, and clonazepam)
- Longer term acting (Quazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, flurazepam, and chlordiazepoxide)
Other reasons why diazepam is prescribed.
Alcohol withdrawal, bipolar disorder, burning mouth syndrome, depression, icu agitation, insomnia, migraine prevention, night terrors, panic disorder, sleep paralysis, tinnitus.
Important information about Benzopin, Betapam, Calmpose, Diaquel, Doval, Dynapam¤, Ethipam, Pax, Scriptopam, Valium (diazepam)
Because diazepam is a depressant it could be problematic to patients with respiratory illnesses, depression disorders, psychiatric ailments, muscle disease, porphyria, epilepsy, sleep apnoea, glaucomas, liver or kidney trouble or alcohol / drug problems.
Diazepam Addiction Treatment: Things You Should take Heed of
Benzopin, Betapam, Calmpose, Diaquel, Doval, Dynapam, Ethipam, Pax, Scriptopam, Valium is prescription ONLY medication
- Patients should not use diazepam if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- This medicine may be habit-forming & should only be used by the person for whom it was prescribed
- Keep the diazepam meds in a safe and secure place where children cannot find it
- It can be risky to obtain diazepam via illegal online pharmacies
- It is risky to use Benzopin, Betapam, Calmpose, Diaquel, Doval, Dynapam¤, Ethipam, Pax, Scriptopam, Valium if you have liver and or kidney problems (specifically alcohol-related liver disease)
Contact your doctor if you experience:
- Epilepsy or seizures
- Liver and – or kidney problems (especially if alcohol or drug related)
- Open-angle glaucoma
- History of depression or suicidal thoughts or similar behavior
- A history of alcohol or drug abuse
- Should you additionally take other narcotic (opioid) medication.
While diazepam can cause several side-effects although not everyone experiences them. Read more about prescription drug addiction here. Should you require assistance with a prescription medication addiction Relapse Prevention has a list of Southern Africa’s exclusive drug and alcohol treatment & rehab clinics.