Many benzodiazepines like lorazepam are prescribed to patients with the brand names Ativan, Tran-Qil, Tranqipam in South Africa.
Benzodiazepines like lorazepam are used for treating:
- Anxiety & panic
- Chronic Sleep Disorders
- Valley Girl
Prescription drugs such as Ativan, Tran-Qil, Tranqipam affect the nervous system producing sedation & relaxing & diminished anxiety issues in patients. In spite of the pharmacological uses of lorazepam it can lead on to physical & psychological dependence problems.
Nearly two thousand different kinds of these drugs are labeled as benzodiazepines and are further broken down into more specific effect categories related to their effects.
- Ultra-short acting (Diazepam and clorazepate)
- Moderate term acting (Oxazepam, lorazepam, and clonazepam)
- Long acting (Chlordiazepoxide, clonazepam, diazepam, flurazepam, and quazepam)
Reasons why lorazepam is prescribed.
Alcohol withdrawal, benzodiazepine withdrawal, burning mouth syndrome, cluster-tic syndrome, premedication, lennox-gastaut syndrome, migraine prevention, obsessive compulsive disorder, restless legs syndrome, sleep paralysis, temporomandibular joint disorder.
Important information about Ativan, Tran-Qil, Tranqipam (lorazepam)
As lorazepam is a depressant it could should not be administered to patients with breathing or respiratory ailments, depression, psychiatric ailments, muscle disease, porphyria, sleep apnoea, epilepsy, glaucoma, kidney or liver issues or alcohol / drug problems.
Lorazepam Addiction Treatment: Facts Patients Should Know
Ativan, Tran-Qil, Tranqipam is prescription medication ONLY
- While being pregnant this compound may cause birth problems or life-threatening withdrawal related symptoms in a newborn
- Patients must not drink alcohol use when taking lorazepam
- Make sure that the lorazepam medication in a secure location where others cannot find it
- It is dangerous to purchase lorazepam over the Internet
- It is very dangerous to use lorazepam if you have liver or kidney problems (especially alcoholic liver diseases)
Inform your medical doctor should you have:
- Seizures &/or epilepsy
- Liver or kidney disease (specifically alcoholic liver disease)
- Open-angle glaucoma
- A history of suicidal thoughts or depression & – or suicide related behavior
- A standing history of drug or alcohol addiction
- If you also use a opioid prescription medications.
While lorazepam can cause many unwanted side-effects although not everyone experiences them. Read more about prescription drug addiction here. If you require assistance with a prescription medication addiction Relapse Prevention maintains a list of Southern Africa’s top drug & alcohol rehab & treatment clinics.