Common benzodiazepines like oxazepam are administered to patients using the brand names Medopam, Noripam, Oxaline, Purata, Serepax in South Africa.
- Seizure control
- Inducing Anesthetic
- Z Bars
These drugs such as Medopam, Noripam, Oxaline, Purata, Serepax affect the central nervous system producing sedation and relaxing & reduced anxiety problems in prescribed patients. In spite of medicinal uses of oxazepam it can begin a process of psychological & physical addiction problems.
As much as two thousand distinct variations of these compounds are identified as benzodiazepines & are defined in in how fast they work.
- Diazepam and clorazepate are fast acting and work 60 minutes after ingestion.
- Oxazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam, clonazepam, and alprazolam are slower acting onsets of action.
- Midazolam, clorazepate, & triazolam are short-acting drugs with length of effect of 3 to 8 hours.
- Temazepam, lorazepam, estazolam, and alprazolam are medium term acting drugs with durations of action of over 11 to 20 hours.
- Chlordiazepoxide, clonazepam, diazepam, flurazepam, and quazepam are longer-acting properties with length of being 1 – 3 days.
Other reasons why oxazepam is prescribed.
Anti-anxiety, borderline personality disorder, chronic myofascial pain, dysautonomia, premedication, insomnia, nausea/vomiting, night terrors, periodic limb movement disorder, sleep paralysis, status epilepticus.
Important information about Medopam, Noripam, Oxaline, Purata, Serepax (oxazepam)
Prescribed patients should never take oxazepam if they have any of the following narrow-angle glaucoma, ketoconazole or itraconazole, or if they are in any form allergic to oxazepam or related medications (Medopam, Noripam, Oxaline, Purata, Serepax & others).
Oxazepam Addiction Treatment: Things Patients Should Know
Medopam, Noripam, Oxaline, Purata, Serepax is prescription medication ONLY
- While being pregnant this drug can cause birth defects or withdrawls in a newborn
- The compound oxazepam may be addictive.
- Store the oxazepam medication in a safe & secure place where children are not able to get to it
- It is very dangerous to obtain oxazepam online
- It can be risky to use Medopam, Noripam, Oxaline, Purata, Serepax if you have liver / kidney disease (specifically alcohol related liver diseases)
Inform your prescribing doctor should you have any of the following:
- Epileptic seizures
- Kidney or liver problems (specifically alcoholic liver disease)
- Asthmatics & – or other associated breathing problems
- History of suicidal thoughts or depression or suicide orientated behaviors
- A history of alcohol or drug addiction issues
- If you additionally take a opioid medication.
While oxazepam can cause several side-effects although not everyone experiences them. Read more about prescription drug addiction here. Should you require help with a prescription medication addiction Relapse Prevention maintains a listing of South Africa’s leading alcoholic and drug rehabs.