Many benzodiazepines like alprazolam are administered to patients under the names Alzam, Anxirid, Azor, Drimpam, Panix, Xanolam, Xanor, Zopax in South Africa.
Benzodiazepines like alprazolam are used for treating:
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Chronic Sleep Disorders
- Bicycle Parts
- Valley Girl
Prescription medications like Alzam, Anxirid, Azor, Drimpam, Panix, Xanolam, Xanor, Zopax act on the central nervous system producing sedative and relaxation & lowered anxiety problems in patients. Regardless of medicinal employments of alprazolam it can lead on to physical & psychological addiction issues.
Nearly two thousand different kinds of these drugs are classed as benzodiazepines and are further outlined into the following categories based on their effect.
- Very quick acting (Diazepam and clorazepate)
- Short acting (Oxazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, and alprazolam)
- Long acting (Quazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, flurazepam, and chlordiazepoxide)
Reasons why alprazolam is prescribed.
Anti-anxiety, personality disorder, burning mouth syndrome, dysautonomia, premedication, insomnia, nausea/vomiting, night terrors, restless legs syndrome, seizures, tinnitus.
Important information about Alzam, Anxirid, Azor, Drimpam, Panix, Xanolam, Xanor, Zopax (alprazolam)
As alprazolam is a depressant it could shouldn’t be prescribed to patients with respiratory ailments, depression, psychiatric problems, muscle disease, porphyria, epilepsy, sleep apnoea, glaucomas, kidney or liver issues or alcohol / drug problems.
Alprazolam Addiction Treatment: Things Patients Should Know
Alzam, Anxirid, Azor, Drimpam, Panix, Xanolam, Xanor, Zopax is prescription medication ONLY
- Patients should shouldn’t use alprazolam while being pregnant
- This drug can increase the effects of the alcohol.
- Store the alprazolam medication in a safe & secure place where children cannot get to it
- It is dangerous to obtain alprazolam online
- It can be very risky to use Alzam, Anxirid, Azor, Drimpam, Panix, Xanolam, Xanor, Zopax if you have liver and or kidney disease (specifically alcohol related liver damage)
Inform your medical doctor should you have any of the following:
- Epileptic seizures
- Kidney and – or liver disease (specifically alcoholic liver disease)
- Open-angle glaucoma
- A history of depression or suicidal thoughts or similar behavior
- A standing history of substance abuse
- Should you also take a opioid based medication.
While alprazolam may cause several unwanted side-effects although not everyone experiences them. Read more about prescription drug addiction here. Should you require help with a over the counter medication addiction Relapse Prevention maintains a directory of Southern Africa’s exclusive alcohol & drug treatment and rehab clinics.