Some benzodiazepines like chlordiazepoxide are administered by doctors to patients using the retail brand names Librium, Librax, Limbitrol in South Africa.
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Inducing Anesthetic
- Bicycle Parts
- Z Bars
Prescription medications such as Librium, Librax, Limbitrol affect the central nervous system produce sedation & relaxing & lowered anxiety in patients. In spite of medicinal uses of chlordiazepoxide it can lead to psychological and physical dependence issues.
There are over two thousand distinct variations of medications are classified under benzodiazepines & are defined in in how quickly they work on users.
- Very quick acting (Diazepam & clorazepate)
- Moderate term acting (Oxazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, and alprazolam)
- Longer term acting (Quazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, flurazepam, and chlordiazepoxide)
Other reasons why chlordiazepoxide is prescribed.
Alcohol withdrawal, benzodiazepine withdrawal, chronic myofascial pain, dysautonomia, icu agitation, light anesthesia, meniere’s disease, chemotherapy induced, panic disorder, seizures, tetanus.
Important information about Librium, Librax, Limbitrol (chlordiazepoxide)
Prescribed patients should not use chlordiazepoxide if they suffer from a diagnosed glaucoma, ketoconazole or itraconazole, or if they are allergic to chlordiazepoxide or related medicines (Librium, Librax, Limbitrol & others).
Chlordiazepoxide Addiction Treatment: Facts Patients Should be Cognizant of
Librium, Librax, Limbitrol is prescription ONLY medication
- Patients should shouldn’t use chlordiazepoxide if you are pregnant
- Do not drink alcohol use while taking chlordiazepoxide
- Keep the chlordiazepoxide medication in a safe and secure location where children cannot find it
- It can be risky to obtain chlordiazepoxide online
- It can be very dangerous to take Librium, Librax, Limbitrol if you have liver / kidney disease (particularly alcohol related liver issues)
Seek medical advice from your medical practitioner if you have:
- Epilepsy or seizures
- Kidney or liver problems (especially alcoholic liver disease)
- Open-angle glaucoma
- A history of suicidal thoughts or depression and – or depression related behaviors
- History of alcohol or drug abuse
- Should you also take a opioid based medications.
While chlordiazepoxide may cause many side-effects although not everyone experiences them. Read more about prescription drug addiction here. Should you need help with a prescription medication addiction we have a listing of Southern Africa’s exclusive alcoholic & drug rehabilitation clinics.